자유게시판

How The 10 Most Disastrous Audi G28 FAILS Of All Time Could Have Been …

페이지 정보

작성자 Mollie Tejeda 작성일 24-09-22 02:32 조회 5 댓글 0

본문

How to Replace an Audi A1 keys G28 Engine Speed Sensor

Charles the Humble Technician teaches how to replace the G28 Engine Speed Sensor. This sensor is situated near the transmission's edge, above the flywheel gear. It transmits a signal to the ECU via an uncolored wire (T55/49), then to the tachometer located in the instrument cluster.

1. Engine Speed Sensor

1200px-Vauxhall_logo_2019.svg_.pngThe grey wire is located on the edge of transmission, above the flywheel ring. The sensor sends an electrical signal through the grey wire to pin T55/49. The ECU then utilizes this information to regulate fuel, timig and boost. It also sends a signal to the G5 tachometer inside the instrument cluster.

The sensor is used to link the G40 Camshaft position Sensor. The ecu must know when the crankshaft reached TDC, and the position of the camshaft, so that it can activate the spark and injectors.

If this sensor fails, the ECU will display a P00160 error message. This means that the Crank Shaft is not in line with the Intake Camshaft. It could also be a sign of the possibility of a chain stretch or jumped chain link in the upper chain of timing. However the code will not appear on its own, without additional information from other sensors (G4 and G40).

happy-african-american-businessman-holding-car-key-2022-12-16-16-36-17-utc-min-scaled.jpgIt's a bit tricky to test since there are different connector pins, and each one has different functions. The best way to do it is to measure the resistance between the ECU and the sensor. If the sensor is operational, it should be reading around 1000 ohms. Check for signs of coolant or oil in the connector bay if you have issues with this component.

2. Injectors

Yesterday, while accelerating from the highway paytoll at maximum speed I noticed a massive reduction in power. It was as if the engine was running out of gas. Or, my injectors weren't firing. This morning i pull out the spark plugs, three were drenched in gazoline, the fourth one was dry. When I start the engine with no sparks i put tissue on top of each injector hole and the 3 that were drenched in gazoline jump out but the 4th one stays closed. I tried to test the ground connections of ECU pins 14,30 and 48/55. I got zero ohm. Therefore, i think the issue is somewhere else.

I also tried to reset PID without success. The car can start when the G28 is unplugged and it runs perfectly when it is plugged in however it is experiencing intermittent misfires at higher RPM. The coolant sensor (G62) even when unplugged, still shows temperatures of -49c. I also noticed that the oil gauge in the cockpit shows 2 bars but the actual pressure is zero.

I don't know what to do. I feel like i've pretty much eliminated everything else. But i am afraid I may have missed something. Let me know if you have any ideas! TIA!

3. Fuel Pump

The fuel pump on the g28 is activated by a signal sent from the RPM sensor. The GM-style transmitter is identical to the G4 and both are used in the 80, 100, 200, UrS and RS2 cars so you can easily find one at a junkyard or in a local parts store. It is easy to test them: simply put your DMM into resistance mode and measure the distance between pins 1 and 2 (with the bump at the connector end facing up). They should be infinite Ohms.

4. ECU

Our 20vt turbo (3B AAN, ABY and ADU) engines have an ECU that must know the position and speed of the crankshaft in order to make a decision about timing of the fuel injectors, etc. To do this, it uses a Crank Position Sensor (G4) and an Engine Speed Sensor (G28). If you have a problem with either of these, the diagnostic scanner will show the codes that could trigger the engine shutting down.

A damaged G28 sensor could result in an inaccurate gearbox speed counter, a gearbox that shifts more quickly than normal, or a misfire while in gear. If you experience any of these issues, it is likely your sensor is failing and needs replacing. The good news is they are quite affordable and easy to find particularly when you're looking at the Bosch model, like ours. You can also choose the GM version of this component is also a great option.

5. Tachometer

A malfunctioning engine sensor can cause a number of problems in your car. It is a crucial part of the audi q5 key's transmission because it communicates to the ECU about how fast or slow the car's crankshaft is spinning. If this sensor fails, it will disrupt the performance of the transmission and the other car's components.

The G5 engine sensor is located at the outskirts of the transmission, over the flywheel ring. It sends an electrical signal through gray wire to ECU pin T55/49. The ECU then processes this signal to control fuel, timig and boost and then sends it on to the G5 Tachometer located in the instrument cluster. You can check for sensor failure by checking continuity from the sensor to the tachometer. Also, you can check continuity between pin T55/49 of the ECU and pin T6a/1 of the instrument cluster (trace [79trace [79]) and between pin T6a/1 as well as pin T26a/12. There should be an average resistance of 1000 ohms between these points. This part is common across the audi a3 key replacement audi a3 key key service near me, here are the findings, 80-100-200-RS2 range, beginning with the 1985 MC and up to the 1997 UrS AN and the 1995 RS2 Du You may also find good ones in wrecking yards.

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

Copyright © suprememasterchinghai.net All rights reserved.