자유게시판

The No. Question That Everyone In Audi G28 Needs To Know How To Answer

페이지 정보

작성자 Irish 작성일 24-10-17 21:14 조회 2 댓글 0

본문

How to Replace an audi replacement key service near me G28 Engine Speed Sensor

happy-young-woman-with-key-sitting-in-new-car-2022-12-16-21-31-14-utc-min-scaled.jpgCharles the Humble Technician shows how to replace the G28 Engine Speed Sensor. This sensor is situated on the outside of the transmission, above the flywheel gear. It sends a signal to the ECU via the grey wire (T55/49), then to the tachometer located in the instrument cluster.

1. Engine Speed Sensor

The grey wire is located at the edges of the transmission, just above the flywheel ring. The sensor sends a signal via the grey wire to pin T55/49. The ECU utilizes this information to regulate the amount of fuel and boost. It also sends an indication to the G5 Tachometer in instrument cluster.

The sensor serves as a reference for comparing with the G40 Camshaft Position Sensor. The ecu needs to know when the crankshaft is TDC and where the camshaft is located so that it can trigger spark and injectors in the right way.

If this sensor fails the ECU will throw a P00160 code which means the Crank Shaft and Intake Camshaft aren't in sync and possibly indicating chain stretch or a jumped link on the upper chain of timing. However, the error code won't appear on its own, without additional information from other sensors (G4 and G40).

Testing can be a bit difficult because there are two pins for the connector and they have different functions but the best method to test it is to measure resistance between the sensor and the ECU. When the sensor is fully operational, it should be reading about 1000 ohms. If you're having issues with this component, look for signs of oil or coolant in the connector bay.

2. Injectors

Yesterday, when i was accelerating to the fullest speed from highway paytoll, I experienced massive power loss like the engine is running out of gas or injectors are not firing any more. I took out the spark plugs this morning, 3 were drenched in gasoline and the fourth was dry. I placed a tissue over each injector hole and when I start the engine with no sparks, the ones with gazoline jump out. The 4th one remains closed. I checked the ground connection of ECU pins 14,30, and 48/55. I found zero ohm. Therefore, i think the issue is in another place.

I also tried to reset the PID with no success. The car is able to start if the G28 is not plugged in and it runs perfectly when it is connected but it still is experiencing intermittent misfires at higher RPM. The temperature sensor for the coolant (G62) shows the wrong temperature value of -49c, even if I unplug it. Also, i noticed that the oil pressure gauge in the cockpit shows 2 bar when the actual pressure is 0.0 if i crank up the engine.

I don't know what to do. I think I've ruled everything else out. But i'm worried that I might have missed something. If anyone has any suggestions, please chime in! TIA!

3. Fuel Pump

The fuel pump of the g28 receives signals from the RPM sensor. The GM-style sensor is identical to the G4 and both function in the 80 100, 200, UrS and RS2 cars so you can easily find one at a salvage yard or at a parts store. It is easy to test them - just switch your DMM into resistance mode and measure the distance between pins 1 and 2 (with the bump at the connector end facing up). They should be infinite Ohms.

4. ECU

The ECU of our 20vt turbo (3B AAN ABY) engines needs to be aware of the speed and position of the crankshaft in order to make a decision about fuel injector timing, etc. It utilizes a Crank Position Sensor G4 and an Engine Speed Sensor G28 to accomplish this. If either of these audi keyless go badly, you will see codes on the diagnostic scanner that can lead to engine shutdown.

A malfunctioning G28 sensor could cause an inaccurate speed counter for the gearbox or a gearbox that shifts faster than normal, and/or a misfire in the gear. If you experience any of these problems, it is most likely that your sensor is deteriorating and requires replacement. They are cheap and easy-to-find particularly in the case of a Bosch model like ours. Alternatively, GM's version of this component is an excellent choice.

5. Tachometer

A failing engine speed sensor could be the cause of numerous issues with your vehicle. It is an important part of the transmission in your audi key fob replacement cost because it relays information to the ECU regarding how fast or slowly the engine is turning. This sensor can cause the transmission to fail and other components in the car to be affected.

FIAT.pngThe G5 engine sensor is located at the edge of the transmission, just above the flywheel ring. It transmits an electrical signal through gray wire to ECU pin T55/49. The ECU uses this signal to control the amount of fuel and boost, as well as timig. It also sends it to the G5 Tachometer located in the instrument cluster. You can test for sensor failure by checking continuity from the sensor to the tachometer. Additionally, you can verify continuity between pin T55/49 of the ECU and pin T6a/1 of the instrument cluster (trace [79]), and between pin T6a/1 as well as pin T26a/12. You should detect the resistance to be around 1000 ohms between these points. This is a common component across the replacement audi a4 key 80, 100, 200, UrS and RS2 range from 1985 MC through the 1997 UrS AAN and 1995 RS2 ADU so good ones might be availble in wrecking yards.

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

Copyright © suprememasterchinghai.net All rights reserved.